Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A new year, all the way around!

Not only is it the first week of 2009, but it is also my birthday. I have always loved having my birthday in January. I love having it so close to Christmas and New Years.... so I have decided to write myself a list of things I want to do this year.

I want to keep working out so my body looks a little more like when I was 24. I don't need the size 6 jeans again but I would love to have the same general shape. It was so fun to be able to put on anything in my closet and have it look wonderful. I will get there soon.

I want to wear earrings more...strange but I don't wear jewelery much but I love a fun pair of earrings. I really, really, really love my black pearls (thank you sweetie!). I need to make an effort to wear earrings more often.

I want a new kitchen sink. I know...odd. I am so practical but I really am disgruntled with my current sink. I am tired of getting everything (including myself) completely wet when I use this sink. I want to go back to a simple one basin, extra deep white sink....that's all!!

I want to have a really pretty and functional garden this year. I have had pretty and I have had functional but very rarely have I had both. I want to grow some things that are new and fun but can be canned or dried and used during the winter. I love the look of jars lined up after a long day of canning. Something inside me just sings.....

I want to spend more time laughing. I feel like some days all I do is correct or direct the kids. I want to trust them and have them cooperate and quit fighting....I just want to have more fun with them. That may mean that I don't need to have a clean'ish house....or things put away....but I would rather have everyone help me clean up so we can all have fun.

I want to spend more time in our own backyard. That may mean adding on to our deck this year and moving the grill back but I would love to have the oasis that I am dreaming of in our back yard.....grow little trees, grow!!!

I want to see if I want chickens........I love the idea and the benefits but I know I only want hens. I would love to see the cats react to huge pecking birds in the yard. I would love fresh eggs. I would not love the cost of a fence and trying to find said eggs.....

I want corduroy couches. I have only bought 2 couches in my whole life. One long before I was married and the other last summer at a yard sale....perfect microfiber and a total steal!! I want to buy really yummy tan or brown corduroy that you can just sink into and the cats can't destroy. I can almost feel how wonderful they will be!!

I want to plan a HUGE graduation party for Brett. He has worked so hard and has given up so much to get through school. I am so proud of him, I could almost burst!!! I really want to give all the people that adore him a chance to show him how proud we are of him.

I want to have a wonderful 35th year...so far it is looking AMAZING!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!